The Nurse Educator supports the practice by ensuring the nurse team and the Practice are kept up to date with relevant knowledge and skills, by providing relevant training opportunities. Working closely with the Nurse Manager, the Nurse Educator will ensure staff are educated on new and updated policies/procedures, provided with relevant and meaningful training to minimise skill gaps. The Nurse Educator will work in the clinics performing radiology nurse duties and be allocated administration days to perform their education role.
Activities within this role include;
- Develop, implement, review and maintain a successful on boarding program for new radiology nurses.
- In consultation with Nurse Manager, develop or coordinate and review training to support the Nurses and relevant staff to keep informed and understand policy/procedure updates
- Utilise the Benson Radiology intranet to optimise learning opportunities and outcomes for staff
- Measure and assess learning outcomes and continually seek to improve training programs
- Working in the Clinics as Radiology Nurse assisting multidisciplinary team with procedures, coordinating work flow, breast clinics and complex bookings
To be successful in this role previous experience in radiology nursing and training is desirable. You will be a mature-minded, committed nurse who can demonstrate effective interpersonal and time management skills as well as the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team. You will have a passion for developing others, leadership capabilities, excellent communication skills and be able to adapt to the changing needs of the practice. This role will suit a candidate who thrives on supporting others, learning and development, fast paced environments, making a difference, supporting change, variety, people and developing themselves.
If you are passionate about developing people, and patient care, please forward a covering letter and CV attention to Melanie Fisher via firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd December 2017.
Brief telephone enquiries may be directed to Melanie Fisher, People and Culture Advisor, 08 8394 4906.