MRI for General Practitioners - person under the age of 16
Scan of the head for any of the following:
- unexplained seizure
- unexplained headache where significant pathology is suspected
- paranasal sinus pathology which has not responded to conservative therapy.
Scan of the spine following radiographic examination for any of the following:
- significant trauma
- unexplained neck or back pain with associated neurological signs
- unexplained back pain where significant pathology is suspected
Scan of the knee following radiographic examination for internal joint derangement.
Scan of the hip following radiographic examination for any of the following:
- suspected septic arthritis
- suspected slipped capital femoral epiphysis
- suspected perthes disease
Scan of the elbow following radiographic examination where a significant fracture or avulsion injury is suspected that will change management.
Scan of the wrist following radiographic examination where a scaphoid fracture is suspected.