History

Benson Radiology was formed in 1958 by Dr W (Bill) H Benson as an x-ray department within a private hospital on Glen Osmond Road.

In 1962, the Practice transferred its headquarters to a private residence on South Terrace.  Four years later another relocation took place, this time to 337 South Terrace.  The Practice remained there until 1995, at which time a purpose built premises in Melbourne Street, North Adelaide became the Practice’s new headquarters.

The Practice expanded from its original branch and solo radiologist to a Practice that now has 23 clinics across the State and 44 radiologists.

Today, Benson Radiology is one of the nation’s largest private diagnostic imaging providers.

The Practice is continually growing and has recently developed a state of the art imaging centre of excellence (with PET imaging) opposite the New Royal Adelaide Hospital.  It will also create a new comprehensive clinic at Playford in mid 2017.