Shoulder & knee ultrasound
Shoulder or upper arm
Where the service is provided, for the assessment of one or more of the following conditions or suspected conditions:
Benefits are not payable when referred for non-specific pain alone.
- evaluation of injury to tendon, muscle or muscle/tendon junction; or
- rotator cuff tear/calcification/tendinosis (biceps, subscapular, suspraspinatus, infraspinatus); or
- biceps subluxation; or
- capsulitis and bursitis; or
- evaluation of mass including ganglion; or
- occult fracture; or
- acromioclavicular joint pathology.
Where the service is provided for the assessment of one or more of the following conditions or suspected conditions:
Benefits are not payable when referred for non-specific pain alone and including meniscal or cruciate ligament tears and assessment of chondral surfaces.
- abnormality of tendons or bursae about the knee; or
- meniscal cyst, popliteal fossa cyst, mass or pseudomass; or
- nerve entrapment, nerve or nerve sheath tumour; or
- injury of collateral ligaments.