Benson Radiology performs a wide range of interventional radiological procedures.
With the benefit of imaging guidance, interventional radiology involves the use of minimally invasive and highly targeted procedures that provide referring clinicians and patients with a host of treatment options for a wide range of conditions.
Benson Radiology performs a range of complex interventions, which are available at our Ashford branch, including:
- nephrostomy and ureteric stenting
- inferior vena cava (IVC) filters
- vascular access - vascath and permacath insertion
Spinal injections and pain management
Depending on the clinical symptoms of your patient, we also provide a range of conservative procedures such as image-guided injections to decrease inflammation and manage pain. These procedures include:
- facet joint injections/medial branch blocks – lumbar and cervical
- nerve root/perinerual sleeve injections
- epidurals – spinal and foraminal
If CT imaging of the spine has not been performed in the previous 12 months, we request that a plain CT scan of the area be performed prior to any injection.
Regional nerve blocks including:
- occipital nerve block
- sacro-iliac joint injections
We perform radiofrequency denervation for the management of chronic lumbar pain. This procedure is performed in our rooms under CT guidance with local anaesthetic.
MSK procedures and direct injections
Our interventional procedures also aid the diagnosis and treatment of sporting and musculoskeletal injuries.
We offer a range of guided injections to treat either acute inflammation or other chronic musculoskeletal problems. Some of these procedures include:
- corticosteroid injections (into inflamed joints, tendons or bursae)
- hydrodilation of the shoulder – for frozen shoulder
- platelet rich plasma injections
- autologous blood injections
- ultrasound guided percutaneous pulley release
- needling, suction and barbotage of calcific tendonosis
FNA and biopsies
To assist a confident diagnosis, we can undertake a range of tissue samples via either fine needle aspiration (FNA) or core biopsy. These include:
- biopsies of the deep organs (liver, lung, abdominal masses/nodes)
- FNA of thyroid nodules
- breast tissue samples - via either FNA, core biopsy, vacuum assisted biopsy or stereo tactic biopsy
- other lumps and masses via either FNA or core biopsy as required
We provide obstetric and gynaecological interventional procedures, including:
- hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- lipiodol HSG
- hysterosalpingo Contrast Sonography (HyCoSy)
We also provide access to the vascular system, via interventional procedures such as:
- peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC Line)
- ultrasound guided IV access
- thrombin injections for false aneurysms