Ultrasound Training Program
Ultrasound training positions 2023
At Benson Radiology, we pride ourselves in our dedication to ultrasound training, with our renowned inhouse training program being second to none. Each year we receive many more applications for ultrasound training than we are able to take on. To help more students to begin their career as a sonographer, we are extremely excited to announce the launch of our new Ultrasound School of Excellence which will provide potential students the opportunity to experience our inhouse training program and learn a few ultrasound examinations with our dedicated tutors.
Led by Emma Godrik, Ultrasound Education Manager, our brand new training facility will provide a 16 week internship to students which includes tutoring, education, and the opportunity to scan real patients. Specifically, our training program will provide students with:
- 2.5 days of scanning (20 hrs. per week) and half a day of lectures and/or workshops, study material and assessment tasks.
- exposure to upper abdomen, renal, pelvis, dating and thyroid ultrasound scans that are 100% supervised by our qualified sonographers and tutors.
- a report detailing their achievements at the end of the 16 weeks.
On completion of the 16 week internship students will have the opportunity to apply for full time employment which includes a scholarship to continue ultrasound training with a paid training position at Benson Radiology.
Conditions of Entry
- Students must have already completed an undergraduate Bachelor Degree from a relevant field of education and the prerequisite courses that will fulfill the requirements for entry into the Postgraduate Medical Ultrasound diploma (general) at University of South Australia or at Monash University (student must refer to the University entry requirements).
- Students who enroll at Monash, must have proof of enrolment in one of the foundation courses of the Postgraduate Medical Ultrasound Diploma at Monash University prior to commencing training. It is highly recommended you apply early in case you are required to complete any physics bridging courses prior to application to Monash. Processing of applications at Monash can take up to 3 weeks to process.
- Students who enroll at UniSA must provide a proof of letter of support of training before applying through SATAC for the graduate diploma of medical sonography (general). Please note that we will only provide this letter if you have proof that you meet all other university requirements. Please note this letter of support of training is for the 16 week training period, after which you will be able to apply for an ongoing training position with Benson Radiology.
- Upon acceptance of the internship, students must join the Australian Sonographers Association (ASA).
- Student must be able to commit to 3 days per week unpaid training for a total of 16 weeks.
- A course fee of $3000 will be payable upfront upon acceptance of the 16 week internship.
- Preference will be given to students living in Adelaide and who are seeking ongoing employment with Benson Radiology following completion of the 16 week internship.
Our next intake will begin on 6th Feb 2023. We will be holding an information session on 13 September 2022 with final applications to the course due no later than 30 September 2022.
If you are ready to start your ultrasound career apply now by forwarding your expression of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org