Australia-first remote MRI scanning
4 September 2020
Benson Radiology, has introduced Australia’s first, and the world’s second MRI remote scanning software assistance application. The application allows Benson Radiology’s highly trained MRI staff to connect remotely to the scanner to perform studies.
Using live video, audio and online chat technology, offsite MRI staff can work with onsite staff to achieve an accurate and timely diagnosis.
Advantages of this technology include:
- Knowledge sharing among MRI staff
- Remote support for unique scans
- Allows staff to support each other through resourcing bottlenecks
- Support in emergency situations
- Improved collaboration and teamwork, which results in better patient outcomes.
The Siemens Virtual Cockpit software connects our MRI modality in a way never before seen in the Australia.