14 September 2020
Benson Radiology has put additional measures into place to minimise the risk of infection at our branches.
Patients will notice protective transparent screens to help minimise airborne transmission, and floor decals to guide and remind us all to maintain a safe physical distance
All branches also have touchless hand sanitiser stations throughout reception areas.
These measures have been put in place so we can continue to provide vital medical imaging services in the safest possible way.
The initiatives complement our existing COVID-19 precautions that have been in place since the outbreak in March. Our policies include:
- Evaluating level of patient risk over phone at time of appointment booking
- Signage across practice alerting patients of their responsibility to socially distance
- Waiting room chairs have been spaced apart, meaning less bodies within the premises
- Regular programs of cleaning and disinfecting our clinics
- Ample availability of PPE as appropriate for individual scans
As a reminder, for people who have COVID-19 symptoms (especially fever, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue) and have recently returned from overseas/interstate or have had contact with a known COVID-19 case, please seek medical advice which may include attendance at one of the State’s dedicated COVID-19 clinics.Back